Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleeping Beauty 2















It's not hard to understand why somebody would take a picture of this beautiful man lying nearly naked, asleep on his bed. I can't help but wonder who took the photo? Was it the guy's mother? Was it a straight roommate thinking this'll be good for a laugh? Or was it a case of unrequited love (lust)... the buddy who longed to lay down on top of this perfect specimen-- but knew such a thing could never happen.

We'll never know but it resonates for me and speaks of my own experience as a closeted gay kid. Hell, I didn't even know I was "gay." I just knew that, when I saw a man like this I couldn't take my eyes off him. And if I was lucky enough to be able to get a picture of him without getting caught, I'd sure do it.

This snapshot was sold for $77 (a lot for a snapshot, very little for a fantasy) by Tanquerochicago.

5 comments:

The Brown Sensorium said...

Terrific post! Longing mixing with memory and what what was before now. Great job!

Albert said...

It would be nice of you to give me credit for images I sell on my store on ebay @ tanquerochicago
I have seen several of my photos on your site and I don't think you've bought any of them. Please credit my store or don't use my images without permission. Thanks.

Barry Harrison said...

Sorry for the oversight Albert. We added the link to your eBay Store and thanks for letting us know!

Albert said...

Thank you Barry. I really appreciate it and love, love your site and photos. You have amazing images.

DinosaurPrince said...

LOL yeah you really have to wonder why this was taken.